Resale HDB Price Index
Multiple cooling measures including the government’s reminder that HDB flats will revert to the State after the expiry of the leases saw prices cool for 7 consecutive years.
The huge demand after the circuit breaker was driven by work from home necessity, affordability of HDB homes, the younger generation craving for their own space and families for larger spaces to maintain mental well-being.
HDB Policies and Restrictions
- Ethnic Integration Policy – Prevailing Quota In Block & Neighbourhood
- Minimum Occupation Period – 5 years
- Minimum Duration of Singapore Permanent Residency For Owners and Essential Occupiers – 3 years
- Singapore Permanent Residents Are Not Allowed To Rent Out HDB Flats
- Resale Levy
- Rental Quota For Foreigners
- HDB is meant to be affordable Public Housing